Philip E. Hamilton, Esq.
Phil handles all forms of civil, commercial, business litigation and real estate law matters at Hamilton Law.
Phil has represented businesses in civil litigation and defense, employment and labor disputes, city regulatory matters, drafting contracts, and collection on accounts and judgments. He has also counseled companies on acquisitions at local, regional, and national levels, consulted with small businesses on various licensing, compliance, and permit issues, and assisted those businesses in the formation of LLC's, corporations, and other business organizational structures working in close contact with accounting professionals.
In addition to this, Phil has defended small and medium-sized businesses in insurance matters, counseled non-profit organizations in tax-exemption applications and appeal processes, and successfully represented business clients before the USPTO in trademark applications.
Phil earned a Juris Doctor degree in 2005 from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan and an International Law Certificate from the University of Amsterdam.
Born and raised in Detroit, Phil is married with two children. He enjoys fishing, barbequing, and watching U of M football and the Detroit Lions.
- Juris Doctorate, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2005
- International Law Certificate, University of Amsterdam, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan, 2000
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
Bar & Industry Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Member
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Western District of Michigan – Member
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education – Partner
- Kalamazoo Community Foundation – Professional Advisor
Kalamazoo County Bar Association – Member & Director, Board of Directors*
Michigan Business Brokers Association
- National African American Gun Rights Association – Member
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People – Member & Director, Legal Redress Committee*
- Pratt Bar Association (PBA) – Secretary*
State Bar of Michigan – Member
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Law Section – Member
- Business Law Section – Member
- Cannabis Law Section – Member
- Labor & Employment Law Section – Member
- Litigation Law Section – Member
- Real Property Law Section – Member
- Solo & Small Firm Section – MemberThe National Black Lawyers Top 100
Recent Blog Posts
Trademarks: A Fundamental Component Of Running A Business
A Fresh Look At Contracts
What Litigation Looks Like
What ADR Looks Like In Michigan
The Value Of Trademarks