He has represented businesses in civil litigation and defense, employment and labor disputes, city regulatory matters, drafting contracts, collection on accounts and judgments. Phil has also counseled companies on acquisitions at local, regional and national levels, and consulted with small businesses on various licensing, compliance and permit issues, and assisted those businesses in the formation of LLC’s, corporations and other business organizational structures working in close contact with accounting professionals.
Phil has defended small and medium-sized businesses in insurance matters, counseled non-profit organizations in tax-exemption applications and appeal process and successfully represented business clients before the USPTO in trademark applications.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2005
- International Law Certificate, University of Amsterdam, 2004
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan